Psalm 1 refers to he whose delight is in the Law of the Lord; he who meditates on it day and night. He is the one who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of the scornful.
“He shall be Like a Tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” (vs. 3)
What I see in this verse is this:
- I find my delight in the Law of the Lord. His Word is where I find my joy. I will take pleasure in reading it, knowing it, and adhering to it.
- I will meditate on it (the law of the Lord – His Word) day and night. I think about His Word and what it says at all times of the day. Thinking on His Word allows me to conform myself into what He desires for me.
- I will not seek the counsel of the ungodly, or listen to it
- I will not be like the sinners
I will bear fruit in my season, when it is the right time for me.
- I will not wither or fade, but remain alive and nourished by the stream of Living Water
- Whatever I do will prosper, will be blessed and made profitable for myself and God’s Kingdom. And this final point is only true if all of the above statements are taking place. For if my head, heart, and desires are rooted in God – then my activities will reflect that.
This is what I am setting out to prosper in. My purpose is to be open about my life in the hope that it will bless other women. I am ready to find out for certain that I am not alone in how I think and feel. And I want others to know that, too!
I believe God made us all different in order to accomplish different things and reach different people. Personally, I prefer not to socialize; I am an introvert. I am more of a thinker than a talker. But maybe my thoughts and feelings are a gift for someone else. Maybe there is a place for a quietness to be heard.
I pray that I can be strong in my silence; and that – while not face-to-face, my words may be a blessing to those who read them
And here is how my blog name ties into who I am. Since I was young, my nickname has been “Tree“. So the words written here – thoughts or ramblings, will be like a Tree – me 🙂
The logo I designed is that Tree – me – breaking out of the boundaries, out of the box that I thought kept me safe. I am reaching out and beyond, to prosper both you and I through heartfelt, shared connections.